Working at Noble Equipment
Noble Equipment Ltd. is a full-service Agriculture equipment dealer with three locations serving Alberta.
We are always looking to bring talented people into our business. We are looking for people with a desire to improve themselves, work as part of a team, are creative and have a passion for equipment. We are always happy to hear from ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic people looking to join us.
General Manager (Olds)
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates.
Reporting to the CEO of Noble Equipment Ltd.; the General Manager is directly responsible for the overall leadership and management of all three stores (Nobleford, Olds and Ponoka). The successful candidate must be able to adapt to a dynamic, customer orientated and ever changing environment and will be responsible for creating and maintaining a productive work environment for all employees, meeting or exceeding performance goals for the long term sustainability of the company. Previous experience with a dealership, is an asset.
- Establishes the dealership’s short, medium, and long-term objectives.
- Ensure the financial structure of the dealership is sound and well balanced.
- Analyzing the dealership operations.
- Achieves monthly targeted objectives.
- Continues an efficient communication system throughout the entire dealership.
- Interface with customers, suppliers and internal teams to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded and our commitment to quality maintained.
- Plans dealership operations for the coming year.
- Personnel management in relation to motivation, monitoring performance, coaching, discipline, and hiring when required.
- Monitors the daily control of operations and recommends improved procedures, if necessary.
- Supplies department managers with reports on the dealership’s financial position.
- Works directly with all managers to ensure the financial statements are accurate.
- Conducts regular management meetings to ensure that each department is functioning efficiently and profitably.
- Ensures that the manufacturer’s policies and procedures are being observed by the various departments.
- Resolves customer complaints when the department manager has not managed to find a solution.
- Maintain a safe and healthy business environment by establishing and ensuring safe work practices together with all employees.
Desired skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Dealership management position.
- Will be positive minded and upbeat to complement our existing management team.
- Proven ability to build and grow strong customer relationships, as well as build a network with customers, suppliers, manufacturers, and others in the industry.
- Strong understanding of changing market conditions, and linking those changes to marketing and sales strategies that drive sales performance and customer loyalty.
- Supporting and leading the business through negotiations and decision-making with a strong interpersonal focus and positive impact on business performance.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, to apply appropriate analysis and sound decision-making.
- Proven leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team development skills.
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with the ability to turn plans into new realities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid drivers’ licence and willing to travel to the Ponoka and Nobleford store at least every other week.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Base location: Olds, AB
- Licence: Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Language: English (Required)
Why you should apply
If you are an energetic and friendly person who enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you! At Noble Equipment we are pleased to offer you:
- Excellent and competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Employee Purchase Discounts.
- Company phone.
- Vacation pay.
- Company Vehicle.
WHERE TO APPLY
Please email resumes along with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at one of our locations.
** A $500 referral bonus may apply if a referred candidate is hired. Please contact us for more details. **